The Gender and Sexuality Center is excited to announce that this week is V Week, a week of events to raise awareness about violence against women, as well as to simply celebrate women in general.
We have some pretty interesting events planned, so please consider attending at least one of them:
- Tuesday, April 17th: Speaker from the Hope Center. This event is in Trollhaugen at 4:45, so bring your caf trays, or just come to listen!
- Wednesday, April 18th: V-Men: A discussion about how men can help end violence against women. This event is only open to male-identified individuals. 5 PM in Buntrock 144. This is a Wellness Center stamped event!
- Wednesday, April 18th:Girl Talk: A discussion about women’s health and sexuality. 7 PM in Regents 310.
- Thursday, April 19th: Vagina Carnival! Come down to the Jungle in the Pause during Community Time to play games, learn about vaginas, and see a giant vagina walking around.
- Friday, April 20th, and Saturday, April 21st: The Vagina Monologues. Tickets for this year’s Monologues can be bought outside the caf at dinner all week. It is $3 advance and $5 at the door. All proceeds will go to the Hope Center and to the V-Day 2012 Spotlight on Haiti Women Campaign. The performances will begin at 8:15 both nights, in the Pause.
- Sunday, April 22nd: Film screening of Until The Violence Stops, Tomson 280 from 2 to 4 PM.
We hope to see you at some of these events!